Physical Therapy Decision

April 15, 2011

Well, we’ve gone back and forth on whether we should seek physical therapy outside of school. Gross motor is one of the areas Owen is really struggling in and has kind of hit a plateau.

On one hand we have decided to try to get a LiteGait paid for through insurance. Keep your fingers crossed for that. It would be great to have one at home that we could use for a short time each day.

On the other hand we have decided Owen would really benefit for PT outside of school. If we get therapy at someplace covered by insurance we’ll have to drop aqua therapy because they charge as PT because the therapist is a PT.

So, after some research and discussion we decided to go with Owen’s old PT he had for his first 3 years before he started school. They are out of network, so we will be paying out of pocket. But we were able to get a discounted rate because we are paying out of pocket. We decided it was worth the out of pocket expense to have Owen working with someone that already knows him and how he works.

We still might drop aqua therapy. We have to look at the fact that we only have so much free time in the week. That would be three therapies each week outside of school. That’s a lot of running around for a 3 year old. I don’t know. We’ll try it for a while and see how it goes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: